ESBS is an international school providing German, French and Swiss students with a French engineering diploma in biotechnology. The Universities of Basel, Freiburg and Karlsruhe are collaborating with the ESBS around the development of this trilingual curriculum, which allows the diploma to be recognised in the three countries. ESBS students are also required to spend two to six weeks in the School's partner universities.
Most of the courses are taugh in Strasbourg and in French, German and English by teachers from the four Universities, and offer students a broad approach on biological sciences, mathematical and physical fundamentals as well as engineering sciences.
The School works closely with the industry: scientists from various businesses are involved in the courses, introducing students to the practical aspects of biotechnologies and to various subjects such as genetic engineering, microbiology, bioinformatics, bioproduction, molecular modelling etc.
Degree programmesConsultez la page : Nos formations
Associated research units
- Biotechnology and cell signalling: genome integrity, tumor biology, receptors, therapeutic tools
- Strasbourg Platform of integrative biologic chemistry (PCBiS)
- Amicale de l’ESBS
- Nouvelle génération des biotechnologistes
- Association des anciens de l’ESBS
Facts and figures
- 120 engineering students
- 17 lecturers
- 23 researchers
- 7 technical and administrative staff
- 60 post-docs, doctoral students and interns