EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion is a unique pan-European initiative providing access to a wide range of information and support services to researchers wishing to pursue their research careers in Europe.
The services provided by the members of the EURAXESS FRANCE network contribute to enhancing France's scientific reputation and its influence at international level.
They offer free and personalised assistance to international researchers and their families to:
- Prepare their stay: assistance on entry, residence and work procedures (visas, work permits, residence permits)
- Help them settle in France: assistance in finding accommodation, health cover, bank account...
- Help them with the daily administrative procedures: social security, family benefits, taxes, pensions...
- Facilitate integration: French language classes, cultural activities, sports, children schooling...
40 000 researchers from more than 130 different countries have already benefited from the services of the EURAXESS FRANCE network, regardless of their research field.
"EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion" aims to enhance careers of researchers. This pan-European initiative brings together the European Commission and 40 countries to provide a wealth of information on research careers across Europe, personalized assistance to researchers moving to another European country or returning to Europe as well as information on rights and obligations of researchers and research organizations. The EURAXESS initiative is divided into the following areas:
- EURAXESS Jobs - a stress- and cost-free recruitment tool where job offer and job demand meet.
- EURAXESS Services - a network of more than two hundred Centres located in 40 European countries. As a researcher, these Centres assist you and your family to plan and organise your stay in a foreign country.
- EURAXESS Rights – it provides all information regarding the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for their Recruitment.
- EURAXESS Links – it provides interactive web services to European researchers working abroad in order to keep them linked among themselves and with Europe.
Rooted in the different regions, the Centre cooperate with higher education and research organisations, and works in close collaboration with the different Ministries involved (Ministry of higher education and research, Ministry of interior, Ministry of social affairs), particularly regarding the evolution of the national legislation.
The French network was structured into an association in January 2013, with a total of 23 members (mostly universities). It is coordinated by the French rectors Conference (CPU), with the assistance of a board composed of major mobility actors (Cité internationale universitaire de Paris, Association Bernard Gregory) and representatives of the network (COMUE UEB, Université de Lyon, Université de Lorraine, Université de Bordeaux, Science Accueil, COMUE L'UNAM).
The EURAXESS Centre also collaborates closely with the Kastler Foundation.
Euraxess services centre/International researchers reception office
- help guest researchers, doctorate students, post-docs and lecturers through administrative procedures upon arrival in Strasbourg
- support foreign researchers in planning their trip and settling in Alsace. Thanks to an agreement with the local prefecture, the procedure for applying to a residence permit has been simplified.
Office hours (upon appointment)
Monday to Friday : 9.15 to 12.15am - 2.00 to 5.00pm
Centre de services EURAXESS
11 presqu'île André Malraux
67100 Strasbourg firstname.lastname@example.org
+33. 3 68 85 16 50