The France–Japan University House was created in 2001. It aims to promote academic exchanges and research cooperation between France and Japan.
- Organisation of exhibitions, symposiums, conferences or round-table conferences about Japan
- Support student and staff mobility between France and Japan
- Support scientific and academic cooperation between the two countries (tender offers, grants, foundations…)
- Promote collaboration between France and Japan in partnership with the International Relations Office
- Host Japanese delegations and promote contacts between them and the scientific partners of the University of Strasbourg and the University of Haute-Alsace.
The building is located close to the Esplanade Campus.
It includes a 40 seats lecture room and provides various documents about academic institutions and Japanese research organisations. The library holds 1000 books about Japan (600 in French and 400 in Japanese) as well as French and Japanese periodicals.