School and Observatory of Earth Sciences (EOST)
EOST is dedicated to education, research, observation and the dissemination of knowledge in the fields of Earth and Environmental Sciences. Besides the usual activities of education and research, the school also hosts an engineering school, an observatory of Earth sciences and two museums. It offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees as well as an engineering diploma. Courses are based on the association of theoretical approaches, field work activities, research and connections to the industry.
EOSt’s unique specialization in geophysics is unique in France: an engineering diploma from EOST leads to careers in exploration of subsoil resources, geotechnical and natural hasards. The Licence in Earth and Environmental Sciences and Space Science gives students a solid education in geophysics, geology, geochemistry, environmental sciences and astrophysics. Master's degrees enable graduates to either pursue a doctorate or find relevant employment.
- Master Sciences de la Terre et de l'environnement - Ingénierie et géosciences pour l'environnement
- Master STE - Sciences de la Terre : géophysique, géologie et dynamique des systèmes terrestres : parcours GENERAL
- Master STE - Sciences de la Terre : géophysique, géologie et dynamique des systèmes terrestres: parcours EXCELLENCE
Associated research units
Facts and figures
- 427 students
- 80 doctoral students and post-docs
- 109 researchers and lecturers
- 80 engineers, technicians and administrative staff
- 7 research teams within 2 research units
- 1 excellence laboratory (LabEx G-eau-thermie profonde)
- 10 observation services
- 2 museums